Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Let's face it. John Hughes cornered the market on the teen angst films of the 80's. (Helloooo. Some Kind of Wonderful? Breakfast Club? Sixteen Candles?) And Pretty in Pink was one of the best movie soundtracks of that time period. (My only problem is that I only have the soundtrack on cassette and iTunes doesn't have the complete soundtrack, so I've had to cobble together a rough playlist, minus a few songs.)



I also enjoy my wine with a pink hue as I described here. And since I'm a huge fan of all bubbly (Champagne, Prosecco, Cava) why not indulge in a Prosecco Rosé? I had one the other night at my friend's birthday dinner party and it was fabulous! (By the way, it's not a girly drink. All the dudes at the table were LOVING it.) I had previously enjoyed the regular Cantine Riondo Prosecco, but didn't know that they made the Rosé version until this dinner.



Since my memory is not what it used to be, it took me a good 20 minute Google search until I could find the name of the specific winemaker (mostly because once I saw the label I couldn't read the "handwriting"). Once I did, I made another fabulous discovery. K&D Wines ships anywhere in Manhattan...FOR FREE! In the past I had ordered from Astor Wines if I was having a party because they delivered for free if an order was over $75. But, sorry, free delivery for any amount, anywhere, cannot be beat! I ordered the Cantine Riondo Raboso Pink Prosecco yesterday and received it today!



I plan on enjoying this gorgeous pink elixir while listening to the smooth sounds of the Psychedelic Furs, O.M.D., Echo, and The Smiths. You should too.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

You KNOW I heart pink bubbly! And I'm amazed that that whole soundtrack isn't on iTunes. How weird.