Monday, July 13, 2009

Kay-Sah-Dee-Yah

When I was in 8th grade, I had a friend (who shall remain nameless - you know who you are!) who I would occasionally join for dinner out (along with her mother), and whenever we saw quesadillas on the menu we had to make a big deal about how to pronounce it. "How do you say this word? Kay-sa-dill-ah?" That's junior high school humor for ya. Completely inane. Her mother probably wanted us to sit at another table. But I still remember it and curiously make quesadillas about once a week.


Since I had some leftover shrimp from yesterday's spiedini, I decided to throw them into a quesadilla for dinner. (And I promise that this is the last post on shrimp for a while!) I cut them in half lengthwise so that they would heat quickly, and then added some jalapeños and cheese. Serve a little gauc on the side and you're done!


Shrimp and Jalapeño Quesadillas

2 flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
8 cooked shrimp, cut in half lengthwise (along the arch)

1. Place the tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle the cheese over half of each tortilla, followed by the jalapeño and the shrimp. Fold the tortilla in half by folding the empty half over the half with the ingredients.

2. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the folded tortillas and cook for three minutes. Turn over and cook for two minutes more. Remove the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Serve immediately with guacamole, if desired. Serve one as a main course, or two as an appetizer.

5 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm coming over for these soon! I don't care if I'm invited or not.

ATigerInTheKitchen said...

Looks great! And so simple, too. I'm joining Wendy in crashing your place.

Tina said...

Party at my place! And Wendy did you notice the similarity to Bianca's version with calamari?

Tina said...

I was referring to yesterday's spiedini post regarding Bianca. And it's only Tuesday...

Jennifer said...

Will this be served with the famous Margaritas we all love so much. I'll raise a glass to that one sister.