Sunday, April 7, 2013

Maddening Men


I'm so excited for the season six premiere of Mad Men (it's been a year - WTF??) that I had to make a drink from the suggested cocktail list. (Side note: I've read no reviews so that I will be surprised by any and all of the revelations to come.) Since there is no way to know in what year we will find Don Draper and what he will be drinking, I decided to go for a whiskey sour. He does appear to be drinking a Old Fashioned in the sneak peak photo below, but close enough! So light a cigarette (gross!), grab a bottle of whiskey and enjoy. Cheers!

Whiskey Sour

2 oz whiskey
½ oz fresh lemon juice
½ oz tsp sugar
1 cherry
½ lemon slice

Put all ingredients in mixing glass and add ice cubes. Strain into highball glass. Add lemon slice and cherry to garnish.

Don Draper photos from AMCTV.com

No comments: