Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Garlicky Garlic Bread

I feel like I should save this post for when True Blood finally comes back on. (When is it coming back?!) This is one garlicky garlic bread. My awesome friend Chad decided that we needed this alongside the Coconut Cupcakes (I mean roasted lamb!) that we had for Easter and I'm glad that he did. (Hmmm...I'm just realizing that we both separately consulted Ina Garten for recipes. Thanks Ina!) This is some of the tastiest garlic bread that I've had in a long time and I'll tell you why. 1/2 cup of olive oil. That may seem like a lot of oil for one loaf of bread but it's what makes it taste so good! Oh, and the garlic. And the butter. And the herbs...

UPDATE: Chad just informed me that he added an ENTIRE stick of butter to our garlic bread instead of the measly 2 tablespoons Ina's recipe calls for. I guess THAT's why it tasted so good! (Note to self: Fact check.)



Garlic Bread

(Adapted from Ina Garten)

6 large garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 loaf ciabatta bread
2 tablespoons (or 8!) unsalted butter

1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until minced. Add the parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper and pulse twice. Place a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, and add the olive oil and the garlic mixture. Stir for 30 seconds and then remove the pan from the heat.

2. Slice the ciabatta bread in half horizontally and spread the butter on one half. Spread the garlic mixture on the other half of the bread, and then put the halves back together. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.

3. Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Open the foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot. Makes about 6 servings.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

Don't scare away all the VILFs with your bread please.

stef m said...

consulting Ina is always a good idea! Also always good: garlic.

Jennifer said...

I want to bite my monitor right now.

Unknown said...

I love the Barefoot Contessa! I want to live with her in the Hamptons. I will even do windows!