Monday, March 8, 2010

Salad Days



This is what I'll be eating for the next several days (or weeks). While away on a work trip at an all-inclusive island location, food was definitely not the main event, or even the opening act. Initially I thought, "This is going to be a great accidental weight loss trip just in time for summer!" The portions were so small and so not desirable that I was destined for svelteness. (Plus I came up with a hard core boot camp regime in the 85 degree heat and humidity with a few co-workers, but that's another story.) Then I discovered having ice cream for lunch. Whoops! (With 10 days of meal challenges to deal with, you can always come up with an alternate eating plan.)

You can read about my original week of salads here and here and here and here and here. The salad pictured here is not unlike my favorite beet salad but without the beets and with an addition of avocado and dried sour cherries. (Yes, I was emptying my refrigerator of random ingredients once again.) Stay tuned for photos of my island experience...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The salad looks deelish! I can't wait to hear about your trip :-)

Jennifer said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your beautiful photos. Did you make sangria while you were away?